It’s time to PLAY BALL!
Register today to participate in the 2020 Summer Season of Dresden Baseball Association (DBA), being conducted in compliance with state guidelines.
DBA offers programming in the Cal Ripken division for players in Hanover in grades (in the prior academic year) three through six (born on or before May 1, 2012), or in the Babe Ruth division for players in Hanover, Norwich, and Lyme in grades seven and eight.
To register, click on the red "Click to Sign Up" box above. If you don’t already have an account with Sports Illustrated Play, you will need to create one, then login. The registration fee is $150.
Once you have registered and indicated your child’s availability, you will receive a follow-up email with additional details and a form that needs to be completed.
- For Majors (typically grades 5-6) and Minors (typically grades 3-4), we anticipate a 10-12 game season in partnership with Lebanon, Norwich and Hartford although those plans are still in development and a major piece of the planning revolves around understanding how many teams each town will have. Cost is $150 per player.
- At the Babe Ruth level (grades 7-8), we anticipate a 12-14 game season with area Babe Ruth programs.
- For Majors and Minors, we will hold a 1-hour skills evaluation next Saturday with minors taking place from 12:30-1:30 and majors from 1:30-2:30. Both sessions will be held at Tenney Park. If you have a fourth-grader who would like to be considered for placement on a Majors team, please plan to attend both evaluation sessions. If you have a second-grader who would like to be considered for placement on a Minors team, please attend the Minors evaluation session.
- For the season, players will need their own gloves and helmets to participate. It is also strongly encouraged that each player has his/her own bat but the league can provide if needed.
- The plan is to begin games the week of July 6 and run into early August. Team practices will begin as soon as we can finalize rosters, which means as early as next week.
If you have any questions re: the process or season, please send an email to email@example.com.